With the guidance of the Kenya Deputy Country Manager, and with supervision by the East Africa Operations Manager, this position would involve:
- Responsible for managing the importation of stove parts into Kenya
- Responsible for accounting for inventory of stove parts with each Regional Coordinator, and sending additional stove parts as needed
- Responsible for ordering more stove parts when parts are low
- Responsible for organizing and reconciling weekly budgets and sending payments to field teams as needed
- Responsible for ensuring the vehicle fleet is well maintained
- Responsible for coordinating quarterly team meeting
- Responsible for making purchases for team as needed, like shirts, hats, cell phone, computers, etc.
- Responsible for visiting partner communities at least one time per month to understand the project’s operations
- Responsible for accounting for all payments on Quickbooks Online
- Responsible for completing all needed tax filings
- Responsible for assisting other departments as needed
- University Diploma in quantitative skill-set;
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks (competency will be tested in the interview process in a skills-based test);
- Complete the core tasks listed above;
- Manage personal travel logistics and reporting requirements and seek pre-approval of costs from CQC;
- Provide a detailed budget and schedule outlining their program and expected expenses;
- Proficiency in the English language and local language, geography, and culture;
- Strong preference is given to those who are passionate about our work, have good communication skills, and work well in a team.
Nairobi (with remote work from home for the time being)
If you are interested in this position, please send-
2. A letter attached in a separate Word Document explaining 1) why you are passionate about working with rural communities to help people switch from using a three-stone fire to an improved jiko and 2) why you are qualified to do this work. Please be very clear about these points in your letter.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.