The Finance & Inventory specialist is responsible for managing the day-to-day finance and Inventory activities. Maintaining accurate financial records for the Kenya office.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
This is not just a job opportunity, this is an opportunity to transform lives!
The Finance & Inventory specialist is responsible for managing the day-to-day finance and Inventory activities. Maintaining accurate financial records for the Kenya office. She/He will ensure that all financial activities are carried out in line with Bible League’s Processes and procedures/policies. This person will also be responsible for coordinating the accounting/finance activities to ensure that we are collecting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting meaningful and relevant financial information.
Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church with Bibles and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word! Our team is excited about God’s calling on our ministry and serves Him in His mission for the world, with commitment and joy. We hope you will consider His leading in using your God-given gifts and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission in serving at Bible League International! For more information about Bible League International, visit https://www.bibleleague.org/. Also take a moment and view our careers video to learn more about our culture through our staff at Bible League.
1. Maintain an accurate and up-to-date file of correspondence, financial and Inventory transactions, reports, and other materials coming to or going from the regional office.
2. Liaise between the divisional office and to ensure successful procurement of Scriptures. This includes review and analysis of inventory and delivery logistics.
3. Oversee and manage internal control in:
a. Ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory and other generally accepted accounting requirements
b. Ensure that Bible League’s internal control policies and procedures are followed, and office activities are kept in line.
c. Maintain appropriate records of fixed assets, receipts, payment vouchers, check stubs, and inventory.
d. Ensure an appropriate paper-trail of transactions with all necessary supporting documents.
4. Oversee and manage the fiscal year accounting cycle: analyzing business documents, determine appropriate account coding, maintaining accounting books and records (journalizing and posting transactions; preparing trial balances), and producing monthly financial reports.
5. Provide regular and timely financial information required by management to plan and control the financial activity.
6. Operate the accounting/Inventory system, review and improve the accounting principles and procedures therein in the light of changing circumstances.
7. Assist and participate in the budgeting process - maintain the budget throughout the fiscal year and provide regular budget performance reports to leadership as directed.
8. Direct and manage the use of grants – both Cash and In-Kind.
9. Coordinate day to day administrative activities of the office.
Responsible to: Vice President of Partnership Development and National Director.
Collaborates with: Kenya Ministry assistant and Ministry Coordinators.
1. Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our statement of faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ-like manner.
2. Possess 2-3 years’ experience; formal study or training in accounting preferred. Minimum of Degree level.
3. High attention to detail.
4. Proficient in MS Office.
5. Must possess a professional-level proficiency in English.
6. Demonstrate a strong commitment to service.
7. Must be able to communicate in a positive, professional, courteous, and discreet manner with staff and public.
8. Must maintain an office atmosphere of dignity, integrity, and dedication to the ministry.
Standards of Performance
1. Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our Statement of Faith and conduct him/herself in a Christ-like manner.
2. Comply with established organizational rules and policies
3. Perform duties efficiently and responsibly
4. Utilize time for maximum effectiveness and productivity
5. Demonstrate consistent attitude of cooperation and cultural sensitivity.
6. Tasks are completed efficiently and effectively
7. Relationships are harmonious and productive.
8. Skills are added and improved.
In day-to-day responsibilities, this position will carry out BLI’s core values which are:
· Prayer – Our relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Calling – God’s call into His work.
· Service – Serving God and others.
· Unity – Working together in unity.
· Integrity – In line with God’s Word in word and deed.
· Vision – A Christ-centered hope and perspective.
You will meet with your manager in alignment with our fiscal year to discuss accomplishments and priorities four times per fiscal year.
Bible League International offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including a generous 401k plan. As a part of our Statement of Faith BLI champions the training and professional of our employees. If you want to learn more about this exciting role or if you would like to apply, please visit our application site here.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bible League International is a nonprofit, non-denominational, faith-based organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Bible League has the right to hire only candidates who agree with Bible League's Statement of Faith and profess Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured