Our client is a well-established food manufacturing company in Nairobi. They are looking for a Finance Manager to be responsible for the management of all the financial and investment functions of the divisions by adhering to the design, implementing, maintaining and updating sound financial systems and procedures which help to safeguard the Companies interests.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
KEY DELIVERABLES FOR THIS POSITION
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of product costing
• Reconcile Monthly Product Costing to P&L
• Provide business insight through sales and P&L analysis
• Analyze internal project investment opportunities and make recommendations to management
• To manage Sales & factory commercials function, Accounting, Audit and Treasury support for the Business.
1. Executing the departmental strategy through processes and procedures/standard achieve the institutions objectives
2. Timely and accurate product costing, simulations and analysis for the division to enable correct decision making by management.
3. Creation and adjustment of bill of materials in SAP
4. Monitor Consumptions of Materials and Variances thereof for adjustments to reflect actual usage
5. Collecting and analyzing data on project investments to advice management decisions
6. Period End Closure related to month end
7. Selling Price Calculations, control the value chain & pricing with customers
8. CAPEX appraisal for the Division
9. Ensuring reduction in Cost of Production by closely monitoring activity rates, overheads and material consumption.
10. Maintain up to date standard cost in SAP ERP.
11. Benchmarking and implementing best practices in manufacturing & respective areas of work
12. Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
13. Review of customer receivables and collection on timely basis, circulate overdue / ageing reports on weekly basis, escalate overdues at appropriate level, review credit limit of customers
14. Review of P&L line items such as A&P, factory overheads, General overheads, etc to ensure that costs are within the budget and compare vs last year
15. Review trial balance on regular basis and ensure that hygiene is maintained in all General ledger and sub-ledgers
16. Reporting of monthly P&L and balance sheet to Business and head office for consolidation
17. Work on reducing working capital requirement by constantly rationalising receivables and payables relating, plan cash flows
18. Liase with banks, maintain relationships, ensure optimum usage of bank overdraft, automation of payment / collection with banks
19. Manage the direct and indirect taxes of the business
20. Manage internal and external audits and ensure that all the documents and data analytics are duly provided to auditors for timely audit closure
21. SAP related automation in reporting, costing & P&L
22. Working of Gross Margin and variances against Budget and LY with root cause analysis for improvement in business
23. Presenting a business dashboard (presentation) to the management and driving action plans for business improvement.
24. Support the business in creating latest quarterly estimate and budget for the next year
25. Creating preparation of Financial statements under IFRS format
26. Defining & overseeing internal controls and SOP's related to various functions and ensuring compliance to company’s financial delegation matrix (charter of authority)
• Bachelor’s Degree-Finance/Accounting
• CPA Certified or Chartered Accountant
• At-least 7-8 year(s) relevant experience in food manufacturing/ FMCG company, specially experience in Africa
• Exposure to SAP, sound knowledge in sales & factory commercials, accounting and MIS reporting
• Expert in MIS reporting, excellent analytical skills for comparison to Budget, last year, etc.
• Service oriented, risk focused and process driven
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Good communication skill both verbal & written.
• Knowledge of budgeting, and cost control principles.
• Knowledge of productions and operations SOPs
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
• Good Reporting and Presentation skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured