Victory Farms is the fastest growing aquaculture start-up and one of the largest tilapia producers in East Africa. We are on track to become the most efficient and sustainable fish farm in the world, with a mission to feed 2 billion Africans with locally produced, high-quality, protein-rich meals by the end of 2040.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: CFO
This role will work closely with Victory Farms Management in all finance functions. The Finance Manager oversees all financial aspects of company strategy and is responsible for the flow of financial information between CFO and the finance team, and, where necessary, external parties such as investors, bankers, regulatory agencies etc.
➢ Corporate Finance - Financial accounting and reporting
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the stakeholders and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and based on
International Financial reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, PAYE, VAT, Consumption tax and any other applicable remittances.
• Monitors periodic financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
• Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the company’s external auditors as necessary.
• Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
• Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures as per best practices and ensure that personal and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
• Assist the CFO/CEO with financial reporting as required at Board meeting and the Annual General Meetings
• Together with the Human Resource Manager - Payroll preparation, administration and payment
• Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
• Negotiate and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans
• Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time.
➢ Financial Planning and Strategy
• Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction.
• Establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives
➢ Developing Budgets
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the MD and other functional heads.
• Assist the CFO and CEO with the preparation of budgets for funding applications for growth and development expansion programs.
➢ Project management accounting
• Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports.
• Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects.
➢ Risk management
• Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized.
• Advise the organization's leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization and the Board of Directors.
• Maximize income where possible and appropriate.
• Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate.
➢ Information technology
• Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements.
• Advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization's information requirements and financial resources.
➢ Office administration
• Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
➢ Human Resource Management
• Accomplishes finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities, communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures within the Finance Department.
• Manages the Finance organogram by implementing recruitment of new team members, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs for the Finance staff as necessary.
• Plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions, plan and review compensation as necessary.
Experience / Education Required:
• Professional experience from a reputable company of minimum of 10 years.
• Attainment of a professional accounting designation (ACA, ACCA, CGA, CMA) from a recognized accounting program and have several years of relevant senior financial and administrative experience.
• Proficient knowledge in the following areas:
o Generally accepted accounting principles.
o Computerized accounting/finance system.
o Accounts payable and accounts receivables.
o Preparation of financial statements and financial reports.
o Payroll systems and reporting.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent leadership skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Team building skills
• Well-developed accounting skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Decision-making skills
• Computer skills including the ability to operate and manage computerized financial, payroll, spreadsheet and word processing programs, and email at a highly proficient level.