Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization's finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Document financial transactions by entering account information.
• Monthly tax return filling.
• Proper understanding of the Kenyan tax act.
• Ensure conformity with statutory obligations.
• Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
• Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secure financial information by completing database backups.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
• Analyze financial information and summarise financial status.
• Provide technical support and advice on management.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
• Provide input into department's goal setting process.
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
• Plan, assign and review staff's work.
• Support month-end and year-end close process.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Communicate effectively with clients.
• Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
• Minimum of 4 years experience, 2 in Audit Firm.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance.
• CPA (K).
• ICPAK Member.
• Awareness of business trends.
• Experience with creating financial statements.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.