Your responsibilities include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. Ultimately, you will maintain our company's financial health and increase profitability in the long run. Managing the financial reporting for the organisation. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, Long-term financial plans and all statutory financial reporting
You will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer or Managing Director (CEO) or Chief Finance & Operations Officer (CFOO), you will be accountable for accurate reporting of financial results and managing the company’s financial affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Providing sound financial support and insights to enable the executive team make critical business decisions.
• Presentation of financial results and insights to the executive management, external users and board of directors.
• Involve in the formulation of the business's strategy, evaluate financial risks associated with strategy, and advise on the sustainability.
• Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organisation and liaising with the external tax firm and auditors for specific advices.
• Managing and overseeing the cash flow of the company and ensuring it has the appropriate budgetary controls.
• Managing hedging and foreign currencies to cushion the company from foreign exchange losses.
• Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organisation is compliant with accounting standards and local statutory requirements.
• Managing and overseeing the company's banking and borrowing arrangements by providing relevant information to the bankers and monitoring adherence to financial covenants.
• Managing relationships with customers and supplier with an aim of extracting value from both ends.
• Regularly conduct gap analysis in financial processes and institute solid financial systems with the aid of technology to control risks.
• Perform investment appraisal and analysis as and when required, present cost benefit analysis for different investment options to management.
• Formulate operating/ capital budgets, establish cost control procedures and present results to both finance & non-finance people to understand.
• In charge of recruitment, training, mentoring and development of accounting staff
• Managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial and other management accounting functions.
• Risk management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place, manage insurance portfolio of the company.
• Advising and implementing best practice initiatives to increase revenue and reduce costs
• Advising on market changes and providing strategic financial recommendations to the executive management.
• Promotes company’s image by participating in award winning events such as Fire, COYA and SMOYA awards.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• 8+ years' experience in a senior financial managerial position with a proven record of success
• Sound decision making skills based on accurate and timely analyses
• Results oriented and metrics driven
• Exceptional time management and able to solve problems
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels
• Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability
• Professional written and oral communication skills
• Confident to present results to an audience
• Strategic thinking, planning and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to collaborate with top management to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals
• Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and financial reporting software
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Certified Public Accountancy