Reports to: General Manager
• Manage and coordinate the financial functions and team ensuring respective financial and accounting tasks are concluded within set timelines, providing and interpreting financial reports
• Ensure timely generation of monthly management accounts and yearly financial reports for external audit as requested and within set timelines.
• Establish accurate budget, forecast, financial simulations and specific analyses and reports in consultation with the relevant executive team members and the General Manager.
• Develop Sound Financial Management policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with the accepted accounting standards
• Oversee timely preparation of the annual budget, budgetary controls and variance analysis reports
• Oversee preparation of monthly debtor position, cash flow statements and bank reconciliation statements
• Oversee timely preparation of periodic financial reports and statements
• Oversee development of appropriate financial information management systems
• Ensure timely remittance of statutory deductions and general compliance with statutory requirements
• Set and give direction on controls; sales policies and Navision system policy, ensuring compliance
• In charge of all internal controlling aspects and financial processes to ensure business integrity
• Monitor, review and assess financial performance.
• Explore and evaluate options and implement initiatives to continually improve finance performance
• Ensure tax compliance and statutory payments, and remittance within set time frames
• Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities
• Develop financial management mechanisms (including controls) that continuously minimize financial risks and fraud
• Managing and monitoring the company’s annual capital expenditure
• Any other duties that may be delegated from time to time
Skills & Qualifications
• Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
• Master in Finance or business-related course or its equivalent from a recognized university
• Must be a certified Public Accountant, CPA (K)
• Must have at least 6 years’ financial management experience
• Must be an active member of relevant professional accounting body with confirmed good standing record
• Excellent analytical and leadership skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal) skills
• Good knowledge of the country’s tax system.
• Talent for problem solving.
• Good managerial skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your curriculum vitae, copy of ID, copies of certificates and contacts of three referees one of which must be the penultimate employer quoting the job title (Finance Manager) on or before Friday 22nd October 2021.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.