Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organisation that provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The French section of MSF implements programs in thirty-three countries.
In the context of the creation of a new operational cell, located in Nairobi, in Kenya, we are currently looking for this department, based in Nairobi
A Finance officer for the cell located in Nairobi : Somaliland, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Sudan.
The main objective of the Ops department in OCP is to improve the quality of the operational response of MSF by formulating, supervising and insuring the efficient implementation of its medical humanitarian activities. The department is organized in 8 operational cells, transversal units and project units. In 2021, the Direction of Operations and the General Direction of Paris have decided to create a new cell, located in Nairobi, Kenya, in charge of the following portfolio : South Sudan, Somaliland, Ethiopia and Sudan. The creation of the cell has been effective by September, 2021. The Cell 9 Nairobi set-up is declined as following : a cell manager, a deputy cell manager in charge of medecine, a logistics supervisor, an HR and a finance supervisor.
Under the hierarchical management of the Nairobi Cell Manager and functional management of the Paris Field Finance Coordinator, you participate to the implementation and the adjustment of the financial policies of your perimeter and are in charge of the management of the finance ressources for your cell (HR, Finance, Medicines, Stocks).
Main responsibilities :
• As the finance supervisor, your main responsibilities are the following
• You participate to the elaboration of the programs strategies.
• You are involved in transverse strategies.
• You are in contact with other MSF sections to share the local information and the good practices.
• You participate to the cell active life, ensure field visits 3 ou 4 times a year for 2 to 4 weeks.
Your coordinate the finance policy for your portfolio.
• You are in charge of distributing and implement the finance policies, the processes and the tools.
• You ensure that the financial processes are respected.
• You are in charge of the exhaustivity and the quality of Comptabilité for your cell programs.
• You ensure the good finance management for your portfolio.
• You analyze and distribute the relevant information with the Cofin, the finance issues that are specific to your country contexts.
• You ensure that the policies are implemented in your portfolio.
You are in charge of the allocation of the ressources.
• You supervise the budget elaboration and the budget “révisés” and ensure the steering.
• You ensure the transparency towards your lessors and legal authorities
• You provide economic and finance analyzes necessary to the steering (with the finance and the operations departments).
• You adjust your follow up tools and your financial ressources to emergency contexts in collaboration with the Finance department.
You are responsible for reporting .
• You produce finance status for intern and external use.
You manage functionally your finance team on the fields.
• You supervise, advise, provide support to the finance coordinators (FinCo).
• You participate to the orientations and evaluate their roles and positions with the heads of missions.
• You ensure the briefings and debriefings of the FinCo.
• You participate to the briefings and debriefings of the coordinators.
You share your skills and knowledge.
• You participate to the definition and the implementation of trainings.
• You capitalize the information on your perimeter.
• You follow and evaluate the implementation of any new tool or mechanism in the field missions you support.
• You participate to the trainings of the FiHRCos (international sessions).
• You participate to the development of their skills and knowledge.
• You identify the good potentials and provide support to the development of their careers.
• You select the profiles and participate to the validation committees.
You manage the CGCF
• You supervise the CGCF.
• You participate to the development of the skills by giving objectives.
Qualifications and experience
• Degree in management and finance.
• MSF experience required.
• Significative experience on the field as finance coordinator with MSF or a relevant organization.
• Finance cell experience is a plus.
• English C1.
• French is preferred.
• You are a dynamic and autonomous person. You are comfortable with synthesis work and report writing.
• You like to work as a team member, you are able to facilitate and animate discussions and trainings.
• You know the main tools : Saga, Wefin, Unfiield, Homere… You are very comfortable with Excel.
• Strong written and oral communications skills in English and French.
• Availability to travel frequently and on short notice.
• Position based in the MSF HQ of Nairobi
• Minimum commitment with the position of 3 years
• Full time job.
• Annual gross salary: Kenya Shillings 5,181,181. Additional secondary benefits applicable, based on Nairobi HQ Reward Policy.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
How to apply
Kindly apply (letter of interest and CV) until September 30th 2021 included on:
Only selected candidates will be contacted.