MISSION: To Become the Top School in Kenya in the Provision of High Quality Education through Innovation, Positive Influence, Teamwork and Self Discipline; Guided by the Principles of Professionalism, Commitment and Excellence.
The Nairobi School invites applications from qualified, competent and experienced Kenyans for the position of Finance Officer.
To ensure organization and coordination of the school finance function, financial reporting and advise and proper financial record keeping.
Title: Finance Officer
Report to: Principal
Employment Terms: Full Time
1. Ensuring proper school financial planning
2. Reporting all financial matters to the Principal
3. Assisting in the preparation of annual School Financial Budgets
4. Proper management of financial records and receipts
5. Reconciling daily, Monthly and Yearly financial transactions
6. Preparation of Balance sheets
7. Processing of Invoices
8. Resolving financial disputes raised by Parents or school Suppliers
9. Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters
10. Implementation of cash management strategies
11. Assisting in any internal and external audits and maintenance of a running list of previous audit recommendations and the status of their implementations.
12. Ensuring proper preparation and management of staff payroll
1. Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related field
2. Holder of Professional qualification CPA-K
3. Active member of ICPAK
4. Fully conversant with PFM Act
5. Experience in using financial software and advanced MS Excel skills
6. At least 5 years’ finance experience in a busy educational institution (Public) in a similar capacity
7. Strong ethics with an ability to manage confidential data
8. Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
9. Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
10. Good interpersonal skills
11. Ability to work under pressure
12. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
13. Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills and analytical ability
Qualified and competent applicants to send their CV, academic and Professional qualifications and testimonials to the undersigned by 20th January 2021.
In addition, the following documents will be required.
1. Valid Certificate of Good conduct
2. HELB clearance certificate
3. Credit Reference Bureau clearance certificate
4. Valid Tax Compliance certificate
5. Compliance to requirements of Chapter 6
Application to be addressed to:
The BOM Secretary
P.O. Box 30047 – 00100