• Maintaining creditors and suppliers accounting ledgers; posting invoices credit notes, payments and preparing monthly suppliers’ reconciliation statements;
• Timely payment of supplier’s invoices, loans and grants disbursements, utilities and other payments;
• Preparing monthly financial and budget reports for the Agribiz program;
• Assisting in preparation of annual and quarterly budgets and cash flow forecasts, monitoring budget implementation and reporting for the Agribiz program
• Maintaining proper accounting records in the computerized accounting system relating to the program and filing of the supporting documentation;
• Reviewing internal controls and financial policies and procedures and making recommendations for further improvements;
• Preparing financial statements, supporting schedules and budget versus expenditure variance report for annual audit; and supporting the auditors in provision of information and documents during the audit
• Prepare donor specific expenditure and narratives reports, preparing receipt vouchers for donor income and other receipts from donors;
• Corresponding with the banks on all banking matters including foreign exchange dealings;
• Preparing travel advances payment to staff for official travel and other cash float as per approved requisitions. Follow-up on the liquidation and accounting of the cash advances and passing appropriate journals in the books of accounts
• Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget.
• Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
• Ensure data integrity in all financial reporting.
• B-com. Accounting/Finance option or any related Business degree from a reputable University
• Certified Public Accountant of Kenya -CPA (K) or ACCA
• At least 4 years’ experience in financial accounting in a busy and computerized accounting environment.
• Experience in you of computerized accounting system especially an ERP system.
• Experience in donor funded programs.
• Experience in EU funded program would be a plus
• Must be a team player and a person of high integrity.
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Must have excellent analytical and report writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email address should be the subject of the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 30th October 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer