KRA (Key Responsibility Areas 1: Financial Accounting
Review subsidiary systems reconciliations to general ledger
Ensure classification of financial transactions meet the statutory reporting requirements;
Develop, maintain and control Subsidiary Ledger Software;
Coordinate month end close
Prepare monthly Staff Leave Entitlement Reports
Payroll processing and other accounting functions including accounts payable, account receivables, bank reconciliation
KRA 2: Assets Accounting
Process Fixed Asset transactions
Develop, maintain and control Asset
Ensure provision of capital expenditure
reports and automation
KRA 3: Financial Statements and Audit
Coordinate and prepare annual Financial
Coordinate the interim and annual external
KRA 4: Regulatory Compliance
Ensure regulatory compliance is achieved in relation to Taxation Legislation
KRA 5: Internal Control
Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate financial risks
KRA 6: Team Support
Assist the Management Accounting
Coordinator and Finance Manager with
Participate in regular meetings with the
finance manager and provide monthly reports on financial activities.
Actively participate in the Finance and
Strategy and Business Services Team
Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business, Commerce or Accounting
Full accounting professional qualification - Chartered/Certified Accountant (CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification.
Knowledgeable in budgeting, financial planning and performance. SAP/ERP Proficiency
At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar accounting/finance role
Positive, high energy, ‘can-do’ mind-set, determined, results oriented, strong people skills. Demonstrate planning and organizational skills. Excellent at conflict management, a critical thinker.
Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
Fluent spoken and written English
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Financial Systems including payroll
• Financially aware, controls costs and considers profit, loss and added value.
• Extensive general ledger accounts payable, accounts receivable and reporting knowledge skills.
• Able to handle multiple tasks and stay well organised.
• Strong attention to detail and effective analysis.
• Effective financial document organisation and archiving.
• Collects facts and applies logic, rationale and objectivity prior to making decisions.
• Is prepared to make decisions independently, and can do so in a timely manner
• Demonstrates sound judgement, recognising the boundaries and limitations of their decision-making authority and escalates as appropriate.
Drive for Results
• Strives for high performance and high standards of work.
• Action –oriented, target driven and shows a sense of urgency in order to deliver results.
• Maintains forward momentum and perseverance, is dynamic and results focused and shows the necessary energy to achieve goals
• Acts professionally in all situations & relationships
• Can always be relied upon
• Does not avoid giving challenging feedback
• Challenges others who are not acting with integrity
• Takes a stand for what they believe is right even when it is not easy to do
• Shares information
• Perceived as being honest