Position Reports to: MD
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collects daily dispatch instructions from the Directors and accordingly prepares the deliveries and the relevant loading sheets.
• Verifies details of all goods received from Production (product description, gauge, weight, quantity per bundle, total bundles e.t.c) before accepting them into the Stores.
• Promptly makes entries of all incoming stock into the system, ensuring that stock records are up-to-date at all times.
• Collects customer orders from the Reception and prepare the goods for dispatch.
• Takes all appropriate measures to ensure that the goods released for sale from the stores are the correct goods requested, are of the right quality and quantity, and that they are promptly delivered to the Dispatch area.
• Takes physical stock of all goods from time to time to ensure that they match with system records, and promptly reports any discrepancies to the Directors for appropriate action.
• Prepares daily shrink-wrap stock reports and accordingly sends them to the Production Manager and the Directors for appropriate action, highlighting all items whose stock has fallen below the recommended minimum stock levels.
• Allocates duties to Finished Goods Stores employees and accordingly supervises their activities.
• Maintains high standards of housekeeping while ensuring that all items are easily and conveniently retrievable.
• Diploma in Supply Chain Management of related field.
• Good knowledge of flexible packaging products.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a busy flexible packaging finished goods store.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to supervise and manage a pool of unskilled and semi-skilled workforce.
• Good leadership skills.
• Good communicator, coach & mentor.
• Good report-writing skills.
• Must be of high integrity.