Duties and Responsibilities:
This is the entry and training grade for degree holders. An Officer at this level will work under guidance and supervision of an experienced Officer.
Duties and responsibilities will entail: -
i) Receiving and compiling fisheries related statistical data from field Officers
ii) Analyzing fisheries data and preparing reports
iii) Assisting in Monitoring Control and Surveillance (MCS) of the fisheries resources
iv) Undertaking fisheries extensions activities
v) Maintaining of ponds at fish farms and hatcheries
vi) Inspecting fish and fish handling facilities at fish landing sites, markets and farms
vii) Assisting in the promotion of fish marketing and value edition.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
i) Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields; Fisheries, zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Chemistry or any other Equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
ii) Certificate in computer applications from recognized institution.
How to apply:
• Applications should be made online through https://psbkericho.co.ke/vacancies
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required.
• Applicants should submit their online applications attaching copies of National Identity cards/passport, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates on or before 12th August, 2020.
• Kericho County residents should indicate their respective wards and locations.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County website
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: County Government of Kericho is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. W
Warning: Be aware of Fraudsters.
The County Government of Kericho does not charge any fees for purposes of processing their applications.
Incase of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.