DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK, FISHERIES AND COOPERATIVES
13. Fisheries Officer Job Group K (2 Posts)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receiving and compiling fisheries related statistical data from field offices;
• Analyzing fisheries data and preparing reports;
• Assisting in monitoring, control and surveillance of the fisheries resources, undertaking fisheries extension activities;
• Maintaining of ponds at fish farms and hatcheries;
• Inspecting fish and fish handling facilities at fish handling sites, Markets and farms;
• Assisting in the promotion of fish Marketing and value addition.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
• Degree in Fisheries Management, Aquatic sciences, or equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
• Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution (added advantage).
• At least one (1) year experience in a comparable and relevant position
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300