DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES
2010. CPSBM 43/ALF/27/01/2021: Fisheries Officers (Job Group K)- 2 Posts Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities will entail: -
• Receiving and compiling fisheries related statistical data from field
• Carry out day to day operations of the project
• Assess the status of catch per unit effort (monitor catch effort).
• Set catch targets.
• Data collection and analysis in the county with focus on fish capture, processing and marketing.
• Prepare periodic reports and findings to support investment decisions and influence investment policy
• Analyzing fisheries data and preparing reports;
• Enforcement of fisheries laws and regulations, and surveillance of fisheries resources;
• undertaking fisheries extension activities;
• Supervising development and maintenance of fisheries and aquaculture infrastructure;
• Inspecting fish and fish handling facilities covering fishing vessels, fish landing, sites, fish ports, aquaculture facilities, fish processing enterprises and fish
• marketing outlets to assess compliance with requirements;
• Promoting fish marketing and value addition; and
• Identifying fisheries and aquaculture areas that require research.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Fisheries, Biological Sciences, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Fisheries Planning and Management, Chemistry or approved equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
iii. Applicants with strong comprehension of ICT system and technologies will have an added advantage.
iv. Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to apply (Application Procedure)
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae (CV), Copies of academic and professional certificates/Qualifications, Copy of National ID card and duly filled CPSBM Employment form (Downloadable from Board’s Website) in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
County Public Service Board of Marsabit
P.O. Box 110 – 60500
All applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below:
i. Kenya Revenue authority (Tax compliance certificate)
ii. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
iii. Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct)
iv. Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
v. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before close of business Wednesday 17th February 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification, it is an offence to produce and /or present fake certificates/documents.
Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other marginalized/Minorities who meet the requirement of the advertised posts are encouraged to apply.
‘The County Government of Marsabit is an equal opportunity employer’