The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the overall management of the stores, vehicles and all other company assets. He/she will ensure coordination of office operations by ensuring proper management, planning and availability of all company resources and provision of a safe, healthy and professional working environment for staff. Experience working for an NGO is preferred.
• Supervise the requisition, maintenance, and inventory arrangement of expendable and non-expendable equipment and supplies.
• Oversee Company Property functions and ensure compliance with US Government requirements.
• Ensure that adequate inventory levels are maintained for all supplies.
• Work closely with the Finance Manager and Administration Coordinator to perform regular internal audits and compliance checks i.e Stock take.
• Ensure that all adequate insurance is arranged for all property and other liabilities.
• Review all contractual agreements for goods and services, equipment and insurance.
• Ensure that the mailbox is being archived correctly.
• Assist monthly projections and annual budget preparation and revisions.
• Act as a back-up for the Property Supervisor in the department when the staff is away.
• Determine the reorder level of all store supplies and ensure there are no stock outs.
• Maintain and update the General Services SOP regularly.
• Coordinate and liaise with other Africa offices offering support.
• Supervise, manage and evaluate staff performance under their supervision.
• Participate in hiring of necessary staff and developing job descriptions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum 8 years of work experience, with at least 2 years of related experience - fleet management, fixed asset and inventory management.
• 3 years of supervisory experience is required.
• Experience working with NGO procurement is preferred.
• Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Products.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills.
• Knowledge of US Government procurement standards is preferred.
• Ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems as well as take initiatives.
• Ability to work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Position Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 4th July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment