As a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, you will use your excellent communication, organization, and multitasking skills to engage the company Mechanic and Drivers, maintain good morale among your team which will include the mechanic and drivers. You will be in charge of a small fleet of Mercedes Benz Actros trucks and trailers.
You will also play an integral role in the hiring, training, and ongoing development of vehicle maintenance Mechanic to ensure that our workforce is able to meet customer expectations. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to strengthen their leadership skills and take their career to the next level in a supportive environment.
• Coordinate, schedule, and audit vehicle maintenance repairs to include preventative maintenance, mechanical and electrical repair to all trucks and trailers.
• Ensure quality, compliance, and safety of the company’s fleet
• Control the repairs, inventory, and fleet maintenance labour costs in line with the allocated Company budget for fleet maintenance.
• Supervise, coach and mentor the Mechanic.
• Ensure the fleet are clean and a conducive working environment for the drivers
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of fleet maintenance supervising experience preferred, or at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong operational metrics.
• Minimum qualification-Diploma in Mechanical Engineering preferred
• Strong customer service and organizational skills required
• Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office
• Must know how to budget & manage a Motor Vehicle maintenance Account
• Lean management
• Team work to coordinate between Drivers on Preventive Maintenance work schedule