Reports to: Chief Accountant
The main purpose of this job is to monitor and control the revenues and costs of the consumables required within the Club by compiling accurate and intelligent analyses of costs of consumption and sales thereof with a view to providing management with data that shall assist in proper decision-making.
Key Measures of Performance
The performance of this role holder will be assessed on the basis of the achievements made on:
· Cost management and storage systems
· Degree of implementation of costing schedules
· Accurate and timely reports
· Accurate stock taking, returns and reconciliations
· Accurate pricing and billing
Stock inventory & Management
· Maintain and update costing schedules for food and beverage items.
· Ensure right price and quality of commodities received from suppliers and certify that they adhere to purchase specification.
· Ensure that stock records systems are accurate and up-to-date.
· Submit stock reports and identify possible reasons when results differ from anticipated targets.
· Ensure that official orders have been issued for all purchases.
· Advice on the cost of breakages and spoilage of stock.
· Implement and review stock and cost controls and put in place remedial action in case of shortfalls.
· Participate in receiving of materials from suppliers
· Ensure stock taking exercise is well coordinated and stock valuation keyed in the system.
· Ensure that all beverage and food items required are available in the system.
· Ensure standard stocks of operating equipment.
· Ensure alcohol in the bars is not diluted by carrying out alcohol tests.
· Ensure daily and monthly stock takes are done.
· Ensure that any variances are well reconciled, reported and explained.
Pricing and billings
· Close liaison with procurement in order to obtain best quality and prices
· Frequently carry out price comparison and market survey
· Help in pricing menus
· Updating prices of items when necessary
· Ensure prompt and correct billing and settlement of consumptions.
· Effect reconciliations for over and undercharges and ensure correct pricing.
· Supervise daily audit and reconciliation of chits and bills.
· Ensure that audits are carried out at the point of sale terminals.
· Report observations and trends in system management and give recommendations.
· Advise management from time to time on pricing for items selling below required margins.
· Prior analysis of proposed discounted pricing and promotions for bar items e.g happy hour
· Prepare daily food cost reports and guide Executive Chef on the same
· Ensure accuracy in supplier invoices paperwork by matching; PR, PO, GRN, Delivery note and invoices.
· Ensure adherence to laid down menu prices and prior approval of variation by the Chief Accountant or the General Manager.
· Urgently review menu costing/menu engineering to ensure the Club attains desired margins.
Reports & General Administration
· Prepares food cost and bar reports.
· Operates standard office equipment.
· Determines content and assembles data in order to prepare monthly reports for review.
· Maintain and update inventory records and any other store records; this will entail conducting daily stock takes for the bar, restaurant and Kitchen.
· Maintain a filing system for all documents within his/her domain.
· Prepare accurate and timely end of month reports including bar performance reports and highlight areas of concern to management.
· Preparation of daily food and bar variance reports.
· Analyis of control master, POS and physical stocks reports and report on variances.
· Ensure adherance to the laid down policy.
· Stock management skills
· Food and Beverage costing skills
· Strong analytical and statistical skills
· Accounting skills
· High level of integrity
· Reporting skills
· Problem identification/solving skills
Academic and Professional Qualifications
· Degree in Hotel Management
· Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies
· Proficiency in SAGE, SAP and other similar systems is desirable.
· Microsoft Office Proficiency
· 2-3 years relevant work experience working with Bills of Material in SAP, SAGE or other similar systems