DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: General Manager
1. Produce an annual operating plan & budget that is accurate, assure standards with achievable predictions.
2. Plan new menus with Head Chef according to the menu cycles for the outlet, market and international trends.
3. Maintain awareness of competitor activity and industry trends. Ensure that trends, developments, competitor activity and other external factors that may impact the property are communicated to senior management in a timely manner.
4. Responsible for planning special events agenda with promotions that includes:
• Goals & Objectives
• Target Market
• Event P & L
• Assures necessary funds through sponsors
• Determines that adequate operational supplies are available at all time.
5. Promote special offers and seasonal campaigns relating to the food and beverage outlets, accommodation and other facilities to current and prospective clients.
6. Maximize revenues for all outlets, conference and banquet sales by adopting agreed yield management strategies.
7. Oversee food service with a view to ensure speed, quality and personalized attention.
8. Host client entertainment at the hotel’s food and beverage outlets/ conference facility.
9. Ensure that the conference/banquet sales efforts are maximized and that the functions themselves achieve to the highest standards of service and general standards of operations.
10. Introduction and coordinate on printing and costing of new menus & beverage lists as per the hotel policy.
11. Maintain close contact with the local media to improve food & beverage awareness and obtain press releases in newspapers and magazines liaising with Marketing Department.
12. Execute serviced residence programs aligned with Ascott standard.
13. Analyze monthly sales data and food and beverage P&L and take appropriate actions.
14. Responsible for recruitment and training requirements in Food & Beverage Department in coordination with Human Resources Department.
15. Represent the property in all dealings in a professional manner.
16. Attend to customer complaints and ensure customer satisfaction through immediate action.
17. Carry out public relations duties with customers visiting the restaurant so as to ensure repeat business.
18. Provide hands on service in all aspects of food and beverage operation.
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or Tourism or any formal hospitality qualifications.
Minimum of 8 years’ previous food and beverage experience including 5 years in a managerial/supervisory capacity.
• Competent in MS Word, Excel and hotel PMS.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledgeable in creating food and beverage manual and SOPs.
• Strong organizational and coordinating skills to handle multi-tasks and projects.
• Technically sound food and beverage service skills.
Resourceful, Energetic, Friendly, Responsible, Takes initiative and has good managerial skills, Good verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivated and able to manage with strong initiative. Well-groomed. Able to work under pressure. Willing to work in shifting schedule.