Responsible for the coordination of the Food and Beverage services on a daily basis and the reputation of the hotel in this area. Acting as a management representative to clients, as well as coordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the hotel. Reports to the General Manager or Resident Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labour costs and profitability.
• Completion of Customer Follow-up calls to get feedback and inquire about possible future bookings.
• Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
• Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities, like sales promotions and mailings.
• Entertainment of potential and existing customers.
• Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
• To co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements. With banquet or conferences, the Chef is to be included in food related discussions.
• Maintenance of Hotel credit policies.
• Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy and timeliness (48 hours)
• Completion of monthly forecast
• Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and Department Head meeting.
• To assist in menu planning and pricing.
• Be available to Hotel Staff at all times in case of emergency.
• Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
• All other duties as directed by the General Manager or Director
• Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
• Assure bar control policies and inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, monthly inventory, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
• Assure timely completion of function bills.
• Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for Food& Beverage and vending, as well as small wares, linens requirements etc.
• Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and pallet presentation.
• Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
• Quality of meeting room set-up.
• Quality of Food & Beverage services and department phone handling.
• Responsible for staff training and development.
• Ensure all staff have ‘Smart Serve’ certification.
• Personnel selection.
• Proper hiring procedures followed.
• Proper termination procedures must be followed.
• Department meeting being held monthly. General Manager, and Human Resources Manager to be notified of meetings in a timely fashion.
• High employee retention.
• Personal development and growth.
• Discipline of personnel when required.
• Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department.
• Achieving service that exceeds expectations.
• Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
• Maintaining outstanding cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire hotel, including guests rooms, following the company standards and coordinating with the maintenance department.
• Supervising of all housekeeping employees, suggesting hiring new staff when need arises, evaluating employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
• Preparing the Anual Housekeeping Budget and regular reports for management.
• Planning the work of the department according to occupancy, distributing regular and special assignments and extra days off.
• Overlooking the training of apprentices, assigning them to work with experienced help and observing the reports made by the supervisors.
• Maintaining stock of guests and cleaning supplies, linen and uniforms, organising regular inventories, as well as the lost-and-found section, being responsible for the items and returning them to the rightful owner.
• Assisting the purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping and verification the consignment of those supplies.
• Attending and resolving guests complaints.
• Approving the Functional Manual of the department and organizing on-the-job training, evaluating its effectiveness.
• Daily inspection of public areas, guests rooms and employee's locker rooms.
• Daily briefing of supervisors / executives.
REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong leadership abilities and organizational skills.
• Post Graduate or Degree in hotel Management or equivalent.
• Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience as in similar role with Proven track records.
• Strong operational /technical knowledge.
• Successful track record in a similar leadership position.
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY PACKAGE
To be discussed during the interview