REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager
Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / bar / Lounge areas. Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
Take orders of food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
FOOD &BEVERAGE SERVER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
• Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
• Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to up sell.
• Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale system Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
• Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
• Filling in for absent staff as needed
• Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
• Co - ordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
• Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
• Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
• Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
• Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering
• Desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
• Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
• Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
• Understands and can communicate products and services available at the hotel.
• Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
• Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and assisting guests if your colleague not around.
Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent preferred.
• Previous working experience required at least 3 year
• Having the experience of five to seven course meal is added advantage
• Excellent oral communication skills required.
• Positive interpersonal skills required.
• Proficiency in English and Kiswahili language.