• Based on a brief, perform design research on the category.
• Prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
• Design the creative concept, (and present it if required).
• Develop the final creative work, (and present it if required).
• Prepare the final work in the required format.
• Work with copywriter to produce final design.
• Use design software to develop all the above.
• Recommend and work with suppliers who may be needed to produce the finished work.
• Able to develop: short and long publications, reports, posters, ads, digital posts, brand guidelines, point of sale material, books, infographics, illustrations, photo editing etc. Packaging is a plus.
Who you are:
• Someone who is passionate about the creative business with a strong creative flair.
• A flair for marketing and the communications category in general.
• Someone with analytical ability, who will critique and contribute to the development of the design and communications.
• Experience in a communications agency is not a must, but creative experience is a must.
• Keeps up with the latest trends on the market.
• A communicator and a team player - keeps the team involved and continuously updated on what they’re doing.
• Someone with the ability to get things done and deliver the work on-time as promised.
• Someone who understands that remuneration is based on income generated.
• Excellent creative skills and oral presentation.
• Excellent with creative computer packages; certification on the same is preferred.
• Owns equipment (laptop), has the necessary software and is able to use internet for online / virtual meetings.
• High level of integrity and honesty in all dealings.
• University Degree is a plus, but definitely not a must.
Send the following:
1) your CV
2) a cover letter
3) a list of design software that you use and level of your proficiency in each. If you have certification for the software, please indicate.
4) portfolio of your artwork/a copy of your artworks
Please ensure all 4 items are sent in the application.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.