Job Title:Front-end Developer
Reports to:Project Manager and Tech Lead
Data Integrated Limited (DIL) is a Kenyan ICT company that offers financial solutions to small and medium scale enterprises (SME’s) in Africa. Our solutions are developed to be compatible with most payment solutions and platforms. DIL strives to have financial inclusion for all, by increasing payment efficiency through liable, secure, fast, and easy to use devices at an affordable price.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
● Develop new user-facing features
● Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
● Build reusable code and libraries for future use
● Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
● Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
● Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
● Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
● Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
● Maintaining and improving existing products. Core Competencies and Attributes
● 2 years of experience in software development.
● Experience with writing automated tests (eg. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape).
● Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux).
● Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript.
● Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js).
● Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus.
● Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
● Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
● Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
● Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
● Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
● Ability to deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app. However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustments.
● Good problem-solving skills.
● Attention to detail.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
● 2 years Work experience in a busy IT environment.