The Front Office Receptionist reports directly to the Front Office Supervisor.
The Front Office Receptionist is dynamic and efficient, and serves all guests with a professional, warm and positive attitude. She/he will welcome guests as they arrive at the hotel and ensure to provide assistance at all times.
The Front Office Receptionist will welcome guests as they arrive at the hotel. Your duties include checking guests in and out, issuing keys, taking reservations by telephone or email, preparing bills and dealing with payments. You provide guests with information, answer their queries and deal with complaints.
The Front Office Receptionist shifts rotate 24 hours a day.
Qualifications, Characteristics & Experience
• Vocational Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management school, or general Business School.
• English is essential, with a second language a huge plus.
• Clear speech with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A polite manner.
• A high standard of personal presentation.
• A good telephone manner.
• Exceptional customer service skills, patience and tact.
• The ability to be calm and well organized, even when working under pressure.
• MS Office and IT skills.
• The ability to handle cash, credit/debit cards and foreign currency.
• Some secretarial and keyboard skills.
• Sales acumen and ability.
• Accurate and able to pay attention to detail.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment
• O level/ KCSE Certificate
• Certificate/Diploma in Front Office operations
• 2 Years’ experience in Front Office in at least 4-star hotel
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
• Must have attention to detail.
• Good customer service skills
If you meet the said requirements and are passionate enough to build a career in the hospitality industry, please send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV via "Apply Now Button".