- Answering telephone calls, transferring to relevant departments, taking down messages in the absence of person being called.
- Generating calls requested by departments, guests, staff maintaining register and invoicing promptly where necessary.
- Accepting guest complaints (repairs etc.) and passing on to relevant department and following up to ensure that request / work is completed.
- Distribution of arrival / departure lists, memos, information etc. of all departments.
- Co-ordinating with Taxi on guest arrival and departure times, flight details and confirmation of all guests etc. Inform relevant departments and ensuring welcome procedures of guest arrivals and departure procedures. (Meals, snacks, room changes, special requests related)
- Co-ordinating with Water sports / animation on excursion programmes, ensuring related transfers are organised. Invoice wherever necessary.
- Cleanliness of Lobby/Reception area – by ensuring the House keeping cleaners keep cleaning floors, furniture, lights, beams, wash rooms regularly and attending extra ordinary cleaning duties promptly.
- Ensure all overseas calls generated in the front office lines invoiced, failing which the staff on duty bears cost.
- Checking in Guest: maintaining guest register - which is very important as this is the only revenue earned by the Government. This manual register is checked by auditors as well as Ministry of Tourism who visit the Resort unannounced, for accuracy with the Reservations programme. The running number on the manual guest register must match with the Protell registration (which is also entered manually at present, although the Ministry requires it to be generated automatically)
- Responsible to work in co-operation with all department heads, assist the superior in all daily operations and work towards building team work.
- Selling hotel rooms to walk-in guests.
- Handling phone calls for reservation enquiries effectively and efficiently.
- Creating guest history files in protel by entering personal details as required.
- Informing Head receptionist and/or the Front Office manager of any unexpected repeat guests arrivals.