Reports to: Principal Engineer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Dukani Digital is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Dukani is an eCommerce marketplace offering household and general everyday commodities in bulk. For consumers, we're solving the challenge of accessing their preferred brands of consumables by
offering a wide variety of goods at a significantly lower price per unit delivered right to their doorstep, while for manufacturers, we're solving the challenge of marketing and distributing their products to a largely under-served online market
About the Role
This role includes the following responsibilities:
● Write and maintain secure, scaleable, efficient code for the Dukani’s platforms
● Own frontend development work in one of our product lines
● Working with your team to brainstorm on technical problems
● Write automated tests for frontend code including acceptance tests. Unit and E2E tests
● Continuously improving the quality of the codebase
● Coding of elements created by the Design team
● Determine technical feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
● Involve yourself in research, prototyping, wireframes, interaction design, and visual design as a part of a multidisciplinary team where applicable
● Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related work and tasks as needed.
Why We want You
● You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
● You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others.
● You help scope, estimate and prioritize work.
● You care about how your work and attitude affects those around you. I mean really care.
Everything you do runs through this filter.
● You like to experiment: you’re comfortable with trying things, occasionally failing, and trying something else.
● You like to learn new technologies and use them in the real world.
● You are self-motivated. You will need to have your self-motivation kicked into high gear.
● You are experienced working with a remote team. We use Slack, Whereby, Google Meet, JIRA and other technologies to make this as painless as possible.
● You have experience solving problems in production
Skills And Qualifications
● BS / Master’s in computer engineering, computer science or other related technical field
● Intermediate knowledge of at least one front-end framework -- React, Angular, Vue
● Working knowledge of at least one CSS framework -- Bootstrap, Materialize CSS, Semantic UI
● Working knowledge of unit and integration testing and testing frameworks/libraries -- Jest, Jasmine, Mocha
● Working knowledge of at least one task runner -- gulp, npm scripts
● Working knowledge of at least one module bundler -- webpack, parcel
● Working knowledge of at least one version control tool -- Git, Mercurial
● Experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact.
● Knowledge of code linting and formatting tools -- ESLint, Prettier
● Working knowledge of Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) architectural pattern.
Career Growth + Compensation
Dukani Digital invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. We will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
To apply, please send your portfolio, cover letter and resume quoting the job title as the subject of the email.