Our Client is a project management web application for event planners, vendors, and clients. Their mission is to help independent businesses work together to put on exceptional events for their clients with the focus on improved organization and communication. They are in a beta-launch and spent months working with planners and event vendors and suppliers to get to the heart of their workflow and prototype the tools they need.They are a fully distributed team and value our remote work communicating frequently but give each other the space to be ourselves.
About our team:
● They are a solid team with meaningful startup experience (including scaling up and acquisitions), realistic expectations, and good vibes. The founding team is strong, has experience working remotely, and has serious expertise in the event
industry, software development, business, and marketing. The company is based in California, Chicago, Israel, Nigeria, Benin, and South Africa.
What we’re working on:
They are building a brand new platform for event planners, vendors, and venues,Currently building out the initial infrastructure and features to delight our customers and help them grow their businesses. Work includes creating customer-facing features, back-end development, and third-party integrations.
How you will help:
● As a full-stack engineer, you’ll help us create delightful user experiences with client-side development, back-end development, and integration efforts. You will work with our distributed team of Developers, Product Owners, UX, and UI designers to build and scale a young application. We’re open to applications from anywhere in Africa.
● You have 5 or more years of relevant production experience developing with Ruby and Ruby on Rails Only
● You’re comfortable working with and modelling data abstractions on top of a RDMS like Postgresql or MySQL
● You have a non-trivial understanding of Redis
● You’re comfortable working on the front-end and the back-end.
● You’re experienced with modern JS (ES6) and CSS (SASS).
● You’re based in an African time zone.
● You’re comfortable working remotely.
● You’re happy working with Git and GitHub/GitLab using related workflows.
● The salary will be discussed based on your local market rates, and your unique experience.