Duties and responsibilities
• Gather and analyze information needed to ensure that the Gabions and the fence serve their intended purpose sustainably
• Aligns posts, using lines and verifies vertical alignment of posts, using plumb bobs or spirit levels.
• Measures and lays out fence lines and mark posthole positions, following instructions, drawings, and or specifications.
• Dig postholes, using spades, posthole diggers, or power-driven augers.
• Sets metal posts in upright positions in postholes.
• Consults with the supervisor on fencing requirements, their estimated costs based on estimates and quotes prices.
• Embed posts use of concrete mix.
• Makes rails for fences, by cutting metal tubing to required lengths.
• Stretches and fix plain wire and chain link fencing between posts, and attaches fencing to frames.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Handling and moving objects: Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
• Operating power tools and other mechanized devices or equipment
• Making decisions and solving problems
• Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Knowing how to gather information e.g., by observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates
• Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Inspecting fencing/ gabion equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
• Estimating the quantifiable characteristics of products, events, or information
• Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities, or determine time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform fence work activity.
• Evaluating information to determine compliance with the agreed standards
• Perform any other duty as and when required from time to time as per management information.
Qualifications and work experience
• Minimum diploma in Soil, Water and Environmental engineering
• Minimum 3 years of riverbanks protection or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of Gabion construction experience
• Minimum of 3 years of Tieback and Soil-nail anchoring experience
• Minimum of 3 years of steel baskets retention wall construction
• Minimum of 3 years of heavy-duty chain-link fence installation
• Experienced in tools and jobsite equipment handling and maintenance
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other personnel
• Must be committed to safety and willing to contributing to a culture of safety for self and others
• Alternatively working weekly night and day shift
• Working weekends and public holidays when required
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift heavy objects
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Ability to work for long shifts
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
• Must have good hand-eye coordination, quick reaction times.
• Able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves and safety-toed boots.
• Able to walk moderate distances to reach work area up to 1/2 mile
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the required qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the local standards
• Able to pass a pre-employment background check to work on projects.
• Accommodation; Person will stay onsite in factory premises; we will provide onsite accommodation.
• Three (3) meals days.
• Light, water and internet will be paid by company
• Two (2) economic tickets in year to your home country.
• Thirty (30) calendar days paid leave in a year.