Department/Group: Senior Management
Travel Required: Minimal
Employment Level Senior Management
Position Type: Full Time
Direct Supervisor: Directors
• Lead the legal function within the Company.
• Review, vetting, negotiation and drafting of contracts to ensure protection of the Company’s interests.
• Ensure Company documents e.g. contracts, bank loan applications, international documents are properly executed in accordance with legal requirements
• Ensure compliance with statutory legal requirements such as obtaining/renewing the requisite business permits, city council licences, KAA Airport passes, obtaining work permits for expatriate staff etc
• Main liaison for obtaining visas for staff travel.
• Communicate with external legal counsel to ensure protection of the Company’s legal interests.
• Manage risk and protect the company against legal liability leading to financial and reputational damage.
• Participate in after sales support by following up and pushing for SLA sign off thereby contributing to Company profits.
• Participate as a member of the management team in ensuring that the Company has adequate legal support.
• Ensure relevance and responsiveness of services offered
• Ensure high level of service delivery through the provision of technical advice and support to operational management, irrespective of the service/product life cycle from inception to completion, placing emphasis on service performance, on time performance, quality and efficiency.
• Monitor and analyze business performance and take corrective actions when necessary to reach objectives.
• Ensure daily update on Reports and emails where applicable
• Providing general legal advisory services.
• Ensure at least 75% of all clients are on SLA
• Sign off on at least 90% of all Contracts
• Risk assessment and management
• Service Performance Delivery
• Improved efficiency, directly contributing to business performance
Role related Qualifications/Skills:
• Relevant University degree in Law
• Over ten years’ experience of which at least five in management capacity
• Deep knowledge of operational processes.
Role Related Competencies (Behavioral Indicators):
• Company reputation and brand
• TO / GP / EBIT improvement
• Total Compliance and governance
• Service and operational delivery
• On time performance
Role-related Performance Indicators:
• Organizational awareness
• Leadership skills
• Conceptual and strategic thinking
• Business acumen
• Good communication skills
• Good collaboration skills
• Ability to drive and deliver results
• Build Organizational talent at departmental level
• Build value-based relationships
• Analytical ability and problem solving
• Attention to detail