The suitable candidate will be taking full responsibility for the property’s day to day operations, budgets and profitability by effectively planning, leading, organizing and controlling all aspects of strategy, marketing, budgets, finances, standards and maintenance.
To effectively manage the property, staff and everyday operations, to achieve optimal guest and stakeholder satisfaction, ensure compliance, maximization of financial performance and working environment in accordance with the standard operating procedures, policies and quality standards of the group.
- Critical success factors of the Safari Lodge Industry;
- In-depth knowledge of Rooms Division and Food & Beverage Departments;
- In-depth knowledge of Yield and Revenue Management;
- Understanding of Hospitality Industry Ratio’s;
- Working knowledge of Human Resource Policies and Practices;
- Working knowledge of legislation applicable to the Travel, Leisure & Tourism Industry;
- Understanding of Marketing, Sales and channel principles and processes;
- Working knowledge of financial and administrative Principles;
- Working knowledge of POS and PMS systems;
- Basic understanding of IT, AV & Telecommunications software & hardware systems;
- Knowledge of Diverse Cultures – Previous International Leisure experience would be an advantage.
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Negotiating Skills;
- Interpersonal Skills & leadership skills;
- Training & Coaching Skills;
- Numerical & Verbal Reasoning Skills;
- Communication skills (Written & verbal);
- People Management Skills
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management or related field – Essential
- 10 years practical operational experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in General Management (Country Club / Golf Club / Resort) is a must
- Must be entrepreneurial and a self-starter that thrives on achieving exceptional results.
- Must be independent in thinking;
- Ability to forecast market conditions and strategically develop a business plan accordingly.
- Must be detail -oriented and deliver outstanding customer service, and maintain a pristine property.
- The ability to be a great leader and motivate a team
- A can-do, guest-pleasing attitude
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule