Client, National Housing Corporation (NHC) is a statutory body
established by an Act of Parliament Cap. 117 whose mandate is to
implement the Government’s Housing Policies and Programmes. NHC is
seeking to recruit results-driven and highly motivated individuals to
fill the exciting and challenging position of General Manager EPS Factory
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager EPS Factory will be responsible for providing overall leadership and oversight to the operations of the EPS Factory.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and recommend to the NHC Management and Board of Directors long term strategies, business plans, and annual operating budgets for the Factory;
- Formulate the EPS strategic plan and ensure continuous achievement of set goals and objectives;
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Factory and staff and ensure implementation of policies and programs;
- Prepare relevant business proposals and Factory marketing plans;
- Responsible for branding the Factory and its products and publicizing the EPS building technology; and
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate governance in the Factory.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or Business Administration or related field from a recognised University;
- Holder of a Masters degree in Finance, Strategic Management, or related field from a recognised University;
- Minimum of fourteen (14) years’ work experience with five (5) years of manufacturing management;
- Professional qualifications in production management or built-up environment;
- Valid membership and in good standing with a relevant professional body;
- Knowledge of statutory legislation governing the housing sector is desirable; and knowledge and
- Demonstrate business understanding and commercial acumen.
- Knowledge of computerized systems relevant to the position.
- A highly analytical individual with the ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Demonstrate excellent managerial and leadership skills and an effective communicator;
- Personal integrity with good work ethics and knowledge of principles of good corporate governance;
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following additional requirements:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Remuneration & Employment Terms
- General Managers – Gross Salary: Ksh. 268,483 - 380,743 Per Month.
- The positions of General Manager shall be on a three (3) year renewable contract.
- Successful candidates will be subject to performance contracting.
you believe you can clearly demonstrate the abilities to meet the
relevant criteria for the roles above, please submit your application
including copies of your academic and professional certificates,
testimonials, and your resume, including among other details your
current position, current remuneration, email, and telephone contacts of
three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Friday 23RD APRIL 2021 addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
For the full details about this position, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
National Housing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2021 Deloitte Consulting Limited