Reports to: Group CEO & Finance Director Automotive
This Position has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of our client, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. The role also extends to obtaining and maintaining investor relations and partnership compliance.
The candidate will be responsible for the financial governance and discipline in the Company. e.g. will work directly with CEO/MD of the Company and the operational teams to take the company forward. Accordingly, S/he will have to be good in people management, co-ordination, and work execution skills.
The General Manager Finance would be responsible to work out disciplines for our client in the areas of:
• Implementing Finance Shared Service structure in the region in compliance with AFG policies.
• Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team in the group
• Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
• Advise on long-term business and financial planning.
• Support business capital, funding and strategy requirements and manage risks.
• Ensure the company achieves its objectives of collecting outstanding monies within the set KPIs, reducing overall debtor days and minimizing the risk of bad debt
• Process improvements leading to quantified cost savings and cost control and monitoring. Operationalize the finance shared service serving divisions, branches, Uganda and Tanzania
• Implement a Finance Shared Service function in Kenya on the lines of the financial disciplines of AFG. This would involve right talent assessment, deployment of effective resources / teams on respective jobs, marshalling resources effectively, identifying training and orientation needs and to action on them, and succession planning.
• Establish corporate governance, DOA, policies and procedures in the Company. Also, on an on-going basis, make recommendations to encourage the continuous improvement of financial performance and implementing relevant policies within the business.
• Responsible for tax planning, co-ordination, management and compliance.
• Provide leadership for Company’s Finance and Accounting Strategy, to optimise financial performance, bring about cost savings and revenue optimization and help strategic growth of the Company.
• Involve directly in overall financial performance of the business in terms of local norms as also AFG framework with high standards of controls. Also, facilitate and ensure budgetary controls as per AFG & statutory guidelines.
• Complete responsibility for all statutory financial statements for the business,
• Financial & management reporting, budgets, forecasts, 5-year plans, returns to Revenue Authorities and other relevant areas.
• Responsible for working capital (with a key focus on inventory and receivables) and treasury management, funds availability, timely reporting to banks and AFG, timely corrective actions and tight control over finance cost.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
• A Chartered or a qualified Accountant with a minimum post qualification work experience of around 15 years.
• Experience in financial management, managing teams, planning and budgeting, feasibilities, project management and various other financial disciplines. Automotive experience preferred but not mandatory.
• Intra personal, people management and project management skills very important.