Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
1. JOB DETAILS:
Job Title: General Manager Finance
Reports to: Group CEO & Finance Director Automotive
2. JOB PURPOSE:
This Position has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of the company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. The role also extends to obtaining and maintaining investor relations and partnership compliance.
3. JOB DIMENSIONS:
Direct Reports: 4 to 6
Total Reports:35 to 40
The General Manager Finance would be responsible to work out disciplines for the company in the areas of:
• To implement Finance Shared Service structure in the region in compliance with AFG policies.
• Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team in the group
• Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team
• Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
• Advise on long-term business and financial planning
• To support business capital, funding and strategy requirements and manage risks.
• Ensure the company achieves its objectives of collecting outstanding monies within the set KPIs, reducing overall debtor days and minimizing the risk of bad debt •
• Process improvements leading to quantified cost savings and cost control and monitoring.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Implement a Finance Shared Service function in Kenya on the lines of the financial disciplines of AFG. This would involve right talent assessment, deployment of effective resources / teams on respective jobs, marshalling resources effectively, identifying training and orientation needs and to action
them, and succession planning.
Effective help, planning and execution of the responsibility.
Establish corporate governance, DOA, policies and procedures in the Company. Also, on an on-going basis, make recommendations to encourage the continuous improvement of financial performance and implementing relevant policies within the business.
Successful designing, implementation and monitoring of the policies.
Responsible for tax planning, co-ordination, management and compliance.
Should implement relevant policies and procedures in that respect. He should also create a mechanism to monitor management of government and regulatory requirements in that area. The tax planning to include all direct and indirect taxes and compliance in that respect.
Successful Implementation and monitoring of the entire mechanism including a complete compliance.
Provide leadership for Company’s Finance and Accounting Strategy, to optimise financial performance, bring about cost savings and revenue optimization and help strategic growth of the Company.
Status of financial disciplines and achievement of KPI’s.
Involve directly in overall financial performance of the business in terms of local norms as also AFG framework with high standards of controls. Also, facilitate and ensure budgetary controls as per AFG & statutory guidelines.
Internal controls, effective processes and leadership.
Complete responsibility for all statutory financial statements for the business, financial & management reporting, budgets, forecasts, 5 year plans, returns to Revenue Authorities and other relevant areas.
Quality and timeliness.
Responsible for working capital (with a key focus on inventory and receivables) and treasury management, funds availability, timely reporting to banks and AFG, timely corrective actions and tight control over finance cost.
Funds management, availability timely funds and finance cost parameters.
5. JOB CONTEXT: Define organizational policy and other factors that have a critical impact on the job
The candidate will be responsible for the financial governance and discipline in the Company. e.g. will work directly with with CEO/MD of the Company and the operational teams to take the company forward. Accordingly, S/he will have to be good in man management, co-ordination, and work execution skills.
6. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
• A Chartered or a qualified Accountant with a minimum post qualification work experience of around 15 years.
• Experience in financial management, managing teams, planning and budgeting, feasibilities, project management and various other financial disciplines. Automotive experience preferred but not mandatory.
• Intra personal, man management and project management skills very important.