Our client, a 4 star Hotel in South Sudan, is looking for a motivated and self-driven General Manager to take full responsibility for the daily commercials and operations at Acacia Village.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:5 years
Our client, a 4 star Hotel in South Sudan, is looking for a motivated and self-driven General Manager to take full responsibility for the daily commercials and operations at Acacia Village. This candidate will manage a team of local and expat staff and will report directly to head office in Nairobi. The role provides a unique opportunity to gain comprehensive business management experience in a fascinating and challenging part of Africa. The candidate will be required to adopt a rigorous, energetic approach to managing staff, existing and potential clients, addressing ad-hoc problems as they arise. A hands-on, involved management approach is expected. Flexibility, patience, and hard work are essential ingredients to maintaining a high-quality output, which will be rewarded accordingly. A mature, level-headed decision maker is required to ensure both businesses (and its clients, if necessary) are managed accordingly.
• Overall management of the business
• Continually identify and nurture new avenues of revenue development across the companies
• Continue to develop key marketing tools (SEO, social, brochures, bookings websites etc.)
• Maintain good working relations with critical government bodies: National Security, 2 Revenue Authority, City Council, various ministries etc.
• Develop relationships with contractors and suppliers
• Seek possible CSR initiatives that can deliver meaningful impact
• Host clients and build relationships with current and potential residents / customers
• Weekly operational reporting
• Monthly financial reporting and budgeting
• Work with the relevant teams to ensure proper purchasing processes, stock management and cash controls are being observed
• Thorough oversight and understanding of all accounts (P&L, cashflows, balance sheets, receivables and payables, inventory, journals)
• Maintain sufficient emergency stocks (food & beverage, fuel, housekeeping items), in case sudden / unexpected events prevent the purchase of these items on demand
• Oversight of junior management team
• Recruitment and continued development of staff
• Human resource oversight: contracts, ensuring operations are in line with local Labour laws and ESG policies, managing internal and external grievances etc.
• Carrying out ongoing improvements to site security, responding calmly to varying local risk levels, and potential crisis management will be a potentially important part of the role
• At least 5 years of Senior Management experience
• A customer-centric approach to daily work
• A high level of personal integrity, energy, and commercial ambition to continue the development of the business
• Excellent leadership skills to align all team-members with the goals of the various departments to realize maximum performance
• An able communicator, who has the capabilities & confidence to deal with a wide array of actors (ambassadors, country directors, ministers, military personnel etc.)
• Knowledge of management principles and practices to lead and communicate effectively and patiently with both skilled and unskilled labour
• Strong organizational ability, attention to detail and time management skills to operate and problem-solve in challenging remote environments
• The ability to understand basic aspects of business, accounting, and finance to ensure efficient and effective use of resources and clear reporting
• An understanding of the local environment and the security procedures that you must manage and implement under changing risk levels
• Competent skills with Microsoft Excel for all administration, data entry and reporting
Monthly gross salary: Competitive depending on individual skills & experience.
Position level: Executive level
Job Type: Fulltime
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Deadline: 11th of December, 2022
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured