The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC and Zimbabwe. The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of GM Talent Management & Administration.
The position holder will report to the Managing Director, Kenya, and to the Group CEO on Group activities. The General Manager Talent Management & Administration will:
- Develop corporate plans for the HR function and consolidate cross functional HR requirements for implementation across the company.
- Create a HR center of excellence for the group and roll out initiatives across the group such as 'best in class' HR practices, compliance, compensation, benefits, health, and safety etc.
- Taking primary responsibility to oversee the human factor in the company by devising and implementing strategies for recruitment, skill gap analysis and mapping, capacity building, induction and orientation, liaison and coordination with Industry and Government procedures & compliance, Annual appraisals, HR survey, HR Policy development & Manuals, Employee empowerment, engagement, retention, disciplinary issues, conflict resolution and separation.
- Be responsible to provide directions, guidance and support to a team consisting of Senior HR Manager, Deputy HR Manager, Knowledge Manager, and their teams.
- Prepare reports and participate in weekly and monthly executive meetings, and quarterly Board meetings, while providing overall direction to the Company Talent Management and Administration function.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Graduate in Human Resource Management with minimum Upper Second-Class Degree from a recognised institution.
- Masters degree in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10 years' industry experience, five of which are at General Manger HR level.
- Hands-on experience with HRM Software (including payroll systems and Applicant Tracing Systems).
- Excellent Leadership, communication, and presentation skills with attention to detail and ability to foster healthy employee relations.
- Solid understanding of labour laws.
- Current membership and possession of valid practicing license of respective Professional Institution (IHRM).
- Computer skills including MS Office suite and HRMIS.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of specialists who derive their satisfaction from improving people's lives through providing Water and Energy Solutions across Africa. Interested applicants meeting these requirement should apply, enclosing CVs, testimonials and recent colour passport size photo through by close of business Friday, 18th June 2021.