Client, National Housing Corporation (NHC) is a statutory body
established by an Act of Parliament Cap. 117 whose mandate is to
implement the Government’s Housing Policies and Programmes. NHC is
seeking to recruit results-driven and highly motivated individuals to
fill the exciting and challenging position of General Manager Technical
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager Technical will be responsible for coordinating all aspects related to the execution of housing development projects in the Corporation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall strategic leadership for the technical operations in the Architectural, Quantity Surveying, Land Surveying, and Engineering sections;
- Responsible for the design, supervision, and administration of construction projects;
- Develop and review operating policies and procedures;
- Oversee costs, competition schedules, and quality assurance of projects;
- Prepare budgets for the technical services and exercise control on expenditure;
- Provide professional advice to the Managing Director and the Board on the preparation and implementation of projects; and
- Develop with the assistance of the main users and the other senior engineers, equipment replacement programs for approval by Management.
- Be a holder of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering (any option), Building Economics, Architecture, Land Surveying, or an equivalent;
- Be a holder of a Masters Degree in any of the above disciplines or an MBA;
- Be registered with a relevant professional body for a minimum period of 8 years;
- Have fourteen (14) years’ work experience, eight (8) of which should have been served at a Senior Management level; and
- Possess Project Management skills, leadership qualities and be an excellent communicator.
- Knowledge of computerized systems relevant to the position.
- A highly analytical individual with the ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Demonstrate excellent managerial and leadership skills and an effective communicator;
- Personal integrity with good work ethics and knowledge of principles of good corporate governance;
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the following additional requirements:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Remuneration & Employment Terms
- General Managers – Gross Salary: Ksh. 268,483 - 380,743 Per Month.
- The positions of General Manager shall be on a three (3) year renewable contract.
- Successful candidates will be subject to performance contracting.
you believe you can clearly demonstrate the abilities to meet the
relevant criteria for the roles above, please submit your application
including copies of your academic and professional certificates,
testimonials, and your resume, including among other details your
current position, current remuneration, email, and telephone contacts of
three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Friday 23RD APRIL 2021 addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
For the full details about this position, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
National Housing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2021 Deloitte Consulting Limited