Seeking a strategic problem solver with 2+ years of experience to support new ventures aimed at expanding our organizational reach and impact.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund's Global Impact Ventures (IV) Department supports our country teams to build new business models to expand our organizational reach and impact. We have supported the launch of a diverse portfolio of investments, from large government partnerships to rural retail shops, and tree seedling nurseries across many of our countries of operation. The department provides experience and bandwidth to nurture these new impact opportunities through the important early years.
As the Global Impact Ventures Analyst, you will provide flexible support across a range of strategic projects including (i) the identification, design and launch of new businesses and services within the organization, and (ii) targeted team support tasks that contribute to the management and growth of the department. You will report to the Global Impact Ventures Manager and work closely with leaders across the organization to help us achieve our goals.
- Analytical support for new or ongoing Global IV ventures: In the past few years, the Global IV team has helped launch new investments across our program countries, and we will continue to conceptualize and launch new businesses and services in the future. You will provide specific project support for these ventures, as we continue to innovate, replicate and scale. The type of support you will provide might include desk research, on-the-ground operational support, and engaging with industry experts to help us learn about an industry or specific opportunity. Some examples of the types of ventures we are working on are provided below, including some example support tasks:
- Uganda Coffee Value Addition - Our Uganda program provides training to coffee farmers on improved production practices. We are now exploring investment opportunities in coffee value in addition to generating additional impact for farmers and revenue for One Acre Fund. Back-end support tasks might include conducting research on the coffee export market or building financial models for possible investments in the coffee value chain. On-the-ground operational support might include travelling to Uganda to directly support field trial execution or to collect data from farmers and other possible clients.
- DRC Expansion - We have recently launched a scouting mission to explore the possibility of expanding One Acre Fund's footprint into the DRC. Over the next few months, we will be developing a full pilot proposal, and the in-country scouting team will require backend desk research or data analysis support to inform the proposed business model.
- Targeted team support tasks: The Global IV team also assists new ventures and pilot programs with targeted internal support tasks, which they may lack the bandwidth to manage on their own. Examples of this type of work are provided below.
- Recruitment support for critical roles needed to fulfil the team's growth objectives. This includes screening potential candidates, developing recruitment materials, and providing added bandwidth throughout the recruitment process.
- Support senior One Acre Fund leaders in the development of a high-level financial model for all agroforestry programs across the organization
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 2+ years of professional work experience; ideally working in strategic projects or management consulting.
- A logical thinker and comfortable with analysis; we are looking for someone who is a structured thinker and can create insights and inform recommendations.
- Willingness to work on a range of different projects, and an ability to understand complex concepts and add value quickly.
- Interest in working in a dynamic and sometimes unstructured environment, supporting a variety of different teams and initiatives.
- Ability to gather and synthesize different types of qualitative and quantitative information to guide major strategic and operational decisions; experience building out complex financial scenarios/business models preferred.
- Willingness to travel and desire to work in different geographic locations, in a field setting. We have operations in countries across East, West and Southern Africa, and these operations are predominantly based in rural areas, close to our customers.
- Fluency in English is required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
27 November 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured