About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
As Logistics Specialist, you will report directly to the Global Logistics Director and manage 1 central data officer. You will be in charge of enforcing data integrity and adherence to the Global Logistics department's policies to support country-input distribution and other units such as rural retail, tree production, and deliveries, local hubs, crop commercialization/buyback, and direct deliveries. You will use systems and data expertise to influence strategy and related business infrastructure. You will support building scalable and connected supply chain and logistics systems without any double-data entry. With more digitalization and automation we have real-time data and full transparency, reduced process times, improved data integrity, and reliable operations with reduced cost and risk. You will fall in love with this role if you are passionate about maximizing impact through operationalizing data.
- Manage inventory data and report for up to 9 markets while ensuring the highest integrity (complete, accurate, reliable, and in context)
- Grow with dynamic requirements from country programs and teams to guide and oversee the implementation of inventory policies and Service level agreements geared towards efficiency gains
- Find and implement operational efficiencies and innovations to upgrade existing high touch, manual processes related to inventory through a data-driven approach/decision science
- Learn One Acre Fund systems and analysis tools to get the right inventory data, analyze and share with team members for execution
- Improve speed and accuracy of all logistics data and upgrading existing paper-based warehouse systems through coordinating the roll-out of a WMS and other digitalization/automation opportunities
- Develop controls to prevent inventory shrink and checklists, guides and scorecards improve process / procedural efficiency
- Monitor warehouse compliance with One Acre Fund policies and local regulations
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in inventory management, logistics, or other operational management
- Previous staff management and project management experience an asset
- Can maintain complex spreadsheets using functions in either Excel or Google Sheets
- Can present complex data/research in a digestible way
- Interest in operational and technical challenges related to inventory
- You love to learn with passion and commitment!
- Flexible, dynamic, self-demanding, and independent
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP and business intelligence/analytics solutions such as Power BI an asset
- SQL and some data analysis with Python or R an asset
- Fluency in English required; French and regional languages an asset
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Operations, Computer Science, IT, Statistics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration, or related field
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
- Kigali, Rwanda | Nairobi, Kenya
- Iringa, Tanzania | Zomba, Malawi | Muramvya, Burundi | Kabwe, Zambia (negotiable)
- Regional Travel up to 20% of the time on an as-needed basis
Health insurance paid time off. In addition to paid maternity and paternity leave, we offer additional benefits to new parents.
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of either Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi or Malawi.
Women are encouraged to apply. We are committed to gender equity in our staff operations, representation, and experience. In 2020, women made up 40% of our clients and 44% of our total staff. We have and will continue to intentionally grow these numbers.
14 November 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.