About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Global Training Facilitator & Coordinator will be a primary facilitator for training programs globally (online) and in-person in Kenya.
- He/She will execute in-person training programs flawlessly and engaging participants through dynamic active learning strategies. Additionally, he/she will provide critical feedback on how well training programs are implemented and received by participants.
- Maintain high levels of staff satisfaction with training through flawless logistical execution of training
- Serve as a lead facilitator for training programs performed in their country and globally, for both in-person and online training. Primarily, the Professional Skills program for office-based staff and team-based training.
- Implement and grade assessments
- Track progress of individuals and groups
- Communicate improvement ideas to the Kenya Training Project Specialist, Kenya People Division and Global Program Leads.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2 or more years of experience as an adult educator; facilitating professional development training programs
- Work and teach with technology in the classroom
- initiate projects and work independently
- Educational background; Diploma/Degree in Education/Training/Development Studies/HR
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning
- Work with colleagues from a diverse background
- Language: English required; Swahili useful
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.