Global Transport & Logistics Associate
One Acre Fund
Product & Project Management
Seeking an exceptional logistics professional with 3-5 years of experience to improve logistics operations in over five different east African countries to deliver over 150,000MT of agriculture inputs on time to small-holder farmers
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Global Transport & Logistics Associate role will manage OAF's global supply chain logistics operations across several product categories and provide expertise to country teams in logistics operations best practices.
- You will ensure our products are delivered on time, efficiently and cost-effectively to country program warehouses in Kenya, Rwanda, Malawi, Burundi, and Tanzania
- You will provide expertise to OAF country program teams regarding transport operations best practices
- You will ensure timely delivery of inputs to Sub-Saharan smallholder farmers
- You will be part of the Global Supply Chain Division and report directly to the Non-Agricultural Procurement Manager
- Ensure goods arrive at One Acre Fund's domestic warehouses 100% on time and in full, and ensure less than 0.5% loss of goods in transit due to mishandling at loading/re-bagging or transportation process
- Manage partnerships and performance reviews with high-quality third-party logistics providers to simplify and de-risk logistics operations
- Reduce transport costs across all countries and product categories by 3-5% through strategically negotiated LTAs and regular process improvements
- Guide transport time-saving improvements through streamlined/consolidated product delivery and other logistics process automation
- Lead coordination between Global Supply Chain and in-country Logistics teams to drive best-practice transportation at all stages of delivery to farmers
- Support Procurement activities across all countries of operation
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have the following:
- A Bachelors Degree
- At least 3+ years of experience in logistics, procurement, operations, data analysis, or supply chain management
- Project management experience required - you know how to map out a clear and easy-to-digest project plan
- Data Analysis skills required: experience structuring analyses related to logistics subject matter
- Language: Fluent in English & Swahili
- Experience in import/export or similar operations
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
EligibilityThis role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
03 May 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will invariably arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve extraordinary impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured