The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (the Authority) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2019 The Authority is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy, downstream and upstream petroleum sub sectors
The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners ( is a National Association of Utility Commissioners who regulate essential utility services in the United States of America NARUC members are responsible for assuring reliable utility service at fair, just, and reasonable rates
With support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Power Africa, the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) is sponsoring two paid internship positions at the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) under the USAID/NARUC Women in Energy Regulation Internship Program. Suitably qualified FEMALE graduates from any Kenyan University are invited to apply for the underlisted positions.
GRADUATE INTERN ELECTRICITY (CONSUMER INSTALLATIONS)
Contract Period: 6 months
The successful candidate (Intern) will work under the guidance and supervision of a Senior Electricity Officer. The duties and responsibilities will entail assisting in:
1. Providing technical input for development of regulations and standards for electricity subsector.
2. Conducting technical audits for new and existing electrical domestic installations and prepare reports on the same.
3. Examining, inspecting and processing firms’ and individuals’ licenses issued by the Electricity Department.
4. Conducting investigation of electrical related accidents and preparing reports on the same.
5. Conducting desktop evaluation and site inspection on environmental and social impact assessment reports provided by NEMA on the proposed electricity projects in country.
6. Inspection of the ongoing energy projects in the country and preparing progress report on the same.
7. Preparation of electrical workers and contractors’ registers.
8. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
1. The best FEMALE graduate or post graduate student in Electrical Engineering from a Kenyan University
2. The applicant to have graduated after June 2018
3. A minimum of B+ in KCSE
Key skills, Knowledge Competencies
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
2. Efficient and organized with good attention to detail
3. High level of Integrity
4. Team Player
If you believe you fit the required profile, please send your application quoting the email subject USAID/NARUC Women in Energy Regulation Internship Program via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on 4th December 2020.
Please email ONLY the following documents at this stage One page Cover Letter, CV, Degree Certificate and Recommendation Letter (if any) from the University No other testimonials will be required until interview stage Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews Interns will receive a modest stipend