The successful candidate will support the CFO in ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures with major emphasis on - cash control, sales accounting and approvals credit controls & approvals, stock controls, audit report follow-up and day-to-day internal controls review and improvements.
• Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations i.e. Coordinate GL, Tax, Cost Accounting and AP operations.
• Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission and, ensure timely closing of these accounts for reporting purposes.
• Support CFO in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy.
• Regularly assess whether there any SOPs or procedures manual that exists in the organization covering different areas, review their suitability and effectiveness and recommend/proposal revisions and review.
• Carry out regular reviews to ensure that revenue recognition in the financials is based on on-going sample checks.
• Conduct regular visits to branches ensuring that regular verification of inventory, cash and bank reconciliations and check whether Company SOPs are being adhered to.
• Relevant bachelor’s degree.
• Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA Finalist.
• Over 8 years of PQE finance experience (audit background will be an added advantage).
• Good Understanding of IFRSs and ERP systems.
• Very strong in Excel & accounting knowledge.
• Good interpersonal & organizational skills.
• Analytical mind and with a keen eye for detail.
Monthly Gros salary: Ksh. 350,000 - 400,000 (Approx. 3,500 – 4,000 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 15th December 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience