The successful candidate will hold the technical overall responsibility of all machinery, technical systems, plants, energy, etc. of the 5 properties. Strong accent is to be given to the technical service towards the guest as a prime goal and to maintain and develop the attitude of the related staff as a second. MUST have worked for a Camp/Safari company and in a multi property environment.
• Implement all necessary work procedures for preventive maintenance and initiate respective scheduled procedures.
• Handling and management of storing spare parts.
• Work out a concept of a yearly preventive maintenance program.
• Establish a monthly report of works carried out, machines maintained, special events, report and consumption of energy and water.
• Control and endorse all invoices for installations.
• Initiate, execute and/or monitor training of his/her staff for engineering matters.
• Assists and co-ordinates together with the Chief of Security proper Fire & Safety training for all staff
• Attends daily operational meetings.
• Ensures all staff is thoroughly familiar with the hotel’s emergency procedures and in a state of preparedness for any emergency, which may occur.
• Organization of engineering administration.
• Manage camps equipment and identify those that require periodical maintenance and have contracts signed with suppliers.
• Project management of new camp build and existing camp upgrades, including monitoring workmanship of the contractor(s) and ensuring that the BOQs have been prepared and cost contained.
• Ensuring that the company fleet is well maintained and optimally utilized as per company requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• At least 10 years of Maintenance experience in a Hotel/Camp environment.
• Camp Maintenance experience is a MUST!
• Strong Leadership skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent Planning and Organizational skills.
• Problem solver and solution driven.
• Willing to travel.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Position Level: Senior Management.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 10th October 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***