Policies, Procedures, Operations:
1. Support the CFO in overseeing the financial management of our dialysis centres, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, audits, cash allocations, and budget forecasting and planning;
2. Ensure that billing for all dialysis centres is compliant to AHN standards and the standards of our insurance partners
3. Monitor accounts receivable and liaise with relevant hospital partners to ensure we keep a minimum expected receivable days.
4. Ensure that AHN is fully compliant with tax law, financial law and standards in respective countries
5. Undertake the company’s annual audit and ensure end of quarter/ month financials are closed within stipulated timelines.
6. Lead on implementation of new ERP system (Finance module)
Strategy, Budgeting, Forecasting & Modelling:
1. Work with the CFO to assess the financial impact of strategic initiatives
2. Work with CFO to build business intelligence dashboards for management teams to help in oversight of company operations.
3. Work in collaboration with the CFO, Country Directors and other finance staff to meet AHN’s financial goals.
4. Build productive working relationships with stakeholders in order to understand their business operations and the financial information needs of end users.
5. Facilitate the preparation of annual budgets with function teams and respective countries
6. Support on tracking expenditure against budget and obtaining variance explanations within thresholds
Accounting and financial reporting:
1. Manage the Group’s cash flows within available facilities, providing appropriate reporting to Directors and Executive Management
2. Collaborate, design, implement and review finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices.
3. Ensure finance ledgers are maintained on a timely basis, are accurate and complete, and structured for the dual purpose of providing relevant information to internal users and meeting statutory obligations.
1. Mentor and train finance team members
2. Manage relationships with others across the Group to achieve agreed metrics in key business strategies and decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience;
- Professional accounting qualifications CPA (K) or ACCA Certified
- Strong understanding of Regional (East Africa) tax and labor laws
- Computer literacy with high levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, accounting software (e.g. Sage, Oracle Netsuite, Quickbooks) and HR management software.
- Experience with ERP system required (e.g. Sage, Oracle, SAP, etc)
- Experience with ERP system implementation preferred
• Proven success stories of how your work has been used to make critical business decisions that have delivered real business value;
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills;
• Ability to work through sensitive political contexts and develop strong relationships with government officials and multilateral organizations;
• Ability to work with limited budgets and human resources without extensive structural or operational support;
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Strong work ethic and flexibility, respectful of local norms and culture, ability to work with humility and urgency;
• Comfortable with International Finance Reporting Standards working across multiple countries in East Africa
• High levels of attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to get into the weeds and solve the problems at hand if needed
- At least 7 years of work experience in the private sector, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership. Any experience in the Healthcare sector or in a fast paced start up environment will be an advantage.