Reports To: GCEO
The Group Sales & Marketing Director will be responsible for managing and administering our Clients’ Brands’ Sales Operations in East Africa in terms of National Profit & Loss monitoring, manpower planning and development, sales marketing and operations. The job holder will be responsible for achieving superior Customer delight and retention by ensuring strong management of process and activities across the group.
The position entails Strong knowledge of principles and methods for promoting, and selling products or services. This includes basic marketing strategy and techniques, product demonstration and after sales control systems
• Responsible for aligning Our client’s business primarily with influence into East & Sub-Saharan regional business, bringing the region to the next level
• Responsible for the budgeted unit sales and gross margins are achieved or exceeded business performance & Sales results in the country.
• Oversight of Brand & sales managers functions for balance Business, based on current Org design.
• Deploy the sales activities of the country/area with the objective to maximise the volume of product sales for existing and potential markets while maintaining appropriate contribution margins
• Act in consultation with Uganda & Tanzania team to ensure proactive collaborative approach within East Africa.
• Take on full responsibility for managing and coaching the regional extended Sales team and for driving the marketing strategy and brand plans to support sales growth.
• Develop and manage of the regional marketing advertising and promotional activities, including managing the strategic pricing and product management functions for the Group
Qualifications, experience, & skills
• A university Degree from a recognized institution.
• 10 years working experience in automotive market and knowledge of the sector.
• Managerial skills
• Business Negotiation skills
• Business acumen.
• Strategy, Organizational & analytical skills.
• Accountable for devising, planning and delivering several complex tactical initiatives in line with a financial, operational and strategic business plan.
• Handle complex projects, allocate time resources as required. Have budgetary control and deliver within time and financial budgets.
• Analyse problems which are technically complex or conceptually abstract, generating possible solutions through creative thinking.