Growth Manager, Payments at Absa Bank Limited
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
At least 5 years experience in business development, Sales, marketing, or strategy roles within a digital business environment.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Key accountabilities and Time Split
Business Development; Time split 40%
- Develop and implement payment product strategies to hold and grow the bank’s market share, revenue, and profitability in line with the Bank’s transformation strategy.
- Establish and manage the achievement of key performance metrics for market activation and sales programs/initiatives for all payment products.
- Identify, escalate, and ensure resolution of issues impacting sales and acquisition of payment products
- Continuous engagement with partners to ensure adequate product and process support to drive revenues.
- Continuous propagation of process innovation to maximize competitive advantage.
- Build capacity within cross-functional teams to ensure fulfillment of the sales and service functions
- Champion migration of manual transactions to digital channels
- Stay abreast of key industry trends to make recommendations on new revenue opportunities
Product Development; Time split 30%
- Identify growth opportunities by leveraging data analytics, new product enhancements, and customer feedback.
- Develop formalized business plans including commercial terms, business cases, Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), go-to-market strategy, and an execution plan for new products and partnerships to scale for customers and/or capability and capacity.
- Work effectively with technology, change, product development, marketing & communications, and data functions to ensure alignment on the timeline, roles, and responsibilities to execute the successful commercialization of digital products.
- Management of current product offering to ensure smooth delivery thereof and collection of all related revenues.
Stakeholder Engagement; Time split 20%
- Secure and maintain business commitment/involvement from stakeholders and obtain feedback at all stages of the project
- Analyze feedback from stakeholders and determine the way forward
- Establish and manage appropriate project Risk, Opportunities, Change, and Issue management procedures
- Forecast and ensure delivery of likely business benefits
People Management; Time split 10%
- Foster a positive, prideful work environment with open communications and timely resolution of conflicts
- Review and assess the performance of project team members against plans
- Discuss and finalize performance development plans and ratings for your direct reports
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Commerce, Technology, or related fields
- At least 5 years experience in business development, Sales, marketing, or strategy roles within a digital business environment.
- At least 2 years of specific experience in:
- Digital Product development.
- Delivery of mobile financial products and services in a high-growth environment
- Building relationships, and networks & Managing teams
- Project Management/Relationship Management.
- Postgraduate qualification such as CIM and MBA is an added advantage
- In-depth understanding of the various mobile banking platforms
- In-depth understanding of Financial Technology (Fintech).
- In-depth knowledge of competitors and local market activity
Knowledge And Skills
- Certification in Digital Product Development/ Project Management/ AGILE Methodologies and Practices
- Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
- Results-oriented with an entrepreneurial approach.
- The Strategic mindset that enables the creation of new ideas for business growth
- Able to meet deadlines and set stretch goals for business growth
- Strong networking skills at a high level
- Highly developed analytical and perceptive skills
- Team working – building and developing high performance
- Proven people, leadership, and negotiation skills.
- Innovative, with prior experience in business development.
- Strong communication skills both in person and in writing with excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Enthusiastic attitude and focus on results.
- A high aptitude and comfort level with technical environments and the ability to work in a highly demanding environment and able to meet aggressive deadlines.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured