LOCATION: SOUTH COAST MSAMBWENI
We are looking for a Guest Relations Manager to make our clients feel welcome and ensure their pleasant and comfortable stay at our hotel. To provide high-quality service to our hotel guests
You will address complaints and go the extra mile to make sure our guests are satisfied. In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who can stay positive when facing difficult situations. You should also be reliable and customer-oriented, as you’ll serve as a primary point of contact for our customers.
Your goal will be to ensure our guests enjoy themselves and plan to come back to our facilities.
• Review arrival lists to welcome guests
• Welcoming guests in a friendly and professional way.
• Greeting clients as they arrive, coordinating their check-ins to assigned rooms and informing them about the hotel’s facilities.
• Attend to special guests (e.g. VIPs) and answer their inquiries
• Help prepare welcome folders with collateral (e.g. room service menus, area descriptions)
• Provide information about amenities, area and venues and promote services
• Anticipate guest needs and build rapport with customers
• Offer assistance with certain tasks (e.g. confirming travel arrangements, taking messages)
• Responding to guests needs and anticipating their unstated ones
• You will also make sure our staff, offer stellar customer service and provide memorable hospitality experiences for our guests.
• Address customer complaints and escalate to operations manager or MD when needed
• Record information in the logbook daily
• Ensure compliance with health and quality standards
• Providing information about facilities, programs and other services
• Ensuring and providing flawless, upscale, professional and high class guest service experiences
• Analyzing customer feedback and providing strategic direction to continuously improve overall rating
• Proficiency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
• Customer service drive with outstanding communication and active listening skills
• Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
• Leadership skills along with the ability to motivate a team into high performance
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Strong sense of responsibility and a professional presentation
• Hands-on experience with Hotel Management software (PMS)
• Proven experience as a Guest Relations Officer
• Familiarity with hospitality industry standards
• Computer literacy
• Proven work experience as a Guest Relations Manager, Hotel Manager or similar role
• Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws
• BSc degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management, Tourism, or relevant field is preferred