Gym Instructors JOB GROUP H/CASB 11 (FOUR POSITIONS
a) Duties and Responsibilities
i. Perform routine gymnasium instruction duties
ii. Deliver safe and effective gymnasium based exercise session
iii. Conducting fitness programmes and inductions in the gym
iv. Ensure the safety of the Members and staff while attending to them at the gym.
v. Ensure proper use of the gym equipment and reporting of any defects.
vi. Administering First Aid in case of emergencies.
vii. Advice clients on diet, develop bespoke personal training plans and give vital advice and encouragement.
viii. Ensure the general hygiene and cleanliness of the gym
ix. Such other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Assembly Clerk/HOD.
b) Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have a minimum of the following:
i. Served as a Gym Instructor or its equivalent for two (2) years
ii. Certificate in Physical Education /Gym Instruction/ Nutritional Therapy/Sports Nutrition
iii. Valid first aid certificate and knowledge of first aid, CPR and skill application knowledge.
iv. Shown merit in job performance
• Term of Service: Three (3) Years Contract
• Remuneration: To be compensated as per the applicable guidelines by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
• Each application should be accompanied by detailed CV, and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National identification card or passport and other relevant testimonials
• Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for,clearly marked on the left top side. And either hand delivered to the assembly offices or posted to the following addressed:
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 1168-90100
• Online applications may be submitted as PDF attachment via email to: email@example.com
Important information to all applicants
1. Applications should reach the Secretary, County Assembly Service Board on or before 13th May, 2021
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance /compliance certificate from the following agencies
a) Ethics and Anti-corruption commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of criminal Investigation
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.