X. Gym Manager (REF: CASB/13/19) JOB GROUP L/CASB 09 (ONE POSITION) MACHAKOS COUNTY ASSEMBLY MACHAKOS COUNTY
a) Duties and Responsibilities
i. Control and supervision of gym services
ii. Ensure the safety of the users of the gym facilities
iii. Ensure the safety and maintenance of the gym equipment.
iv. Demonstrate the correct way to use exercise equipment and monitor the use of gym equipment.
v. Promote fitness of Members and staff of the County Assembly.
vi. Responsible for the Fitness and Health of the Members and Staff while at the gym
vii. Ensures every new member has a fitness test and individualized exercise program drawn.
viii. Ensure the gym is clean and free of health and safety hazards
ix. Offering fitness consultation services
x. Supervision of the gym staff
xi. Such other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Assembly Clerk/HOD.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have a minimum of the following:
i. Served as a Gym Manager or equivalent for three (3) years
ii. Diploma in Physical Education /Gym Instruction /Physical Fitness/ Sports Management or its equivalent
iii. Valid first aid certificate and knowledge of first aid, CPR and skill application knowledge.
iv. Knowledge in fitness assessment, evaluation, program designs and aerobics instructing.
v. Shown merit in job performance
Term of Service: Three (3) Years Contract
Remuneration: To be compensated as per the applicable guidelines by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
• Each application should be accompanied by detailed CV, and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National identification card or passport and other relevant testimonials
• Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for,clearly marked on the left top side. And either hand delivered to the assembly offices or posted to the following addressed:
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 1168-90100
• Online applications may be submitted as PDF attachment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information to all applicants
1. Applications should reach the Secretary, County Assembly Service Board on or before 13th May, 2021
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance /compliance certificate from the following agencies
a) Ethics and Anti-corruption commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of criminal Investigation
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.