EMPLOYING ORGANIZATION: Carenic Professional Hairdressing and Beauty College.
Carenic Professional Hairdressing and Beauty College is a leading provider of world class training in Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) accredited courses - Full Cosmetology, Hairdressing, Beauty therapy, Nail Technology, Holistic Massage, Training of Trainers, Salon Enterprise Management and many others.
We provide quality training at Advanced Diploma level, ordinary Diploma level and Certificate level in all courses.
We are looking for a highly skilled Hairdressing and Beauty Trainer who will be in charge of teaching students the skills needed in all aspects of Cosmetology to prepare them for the Beauty industry.
The trainer will be responsible for learning and adapting the course curriculum, teaching students various cosmetology courses offered at Carenic College, setting tests, grading work, and mentoring students.
Specific duties include:
• Learning and adapting the course curriculum.
• Setting out lesson plans.
• Teaching students the skills of the beauty trade.
• Setting out written, practical and grading tests.
• Mentoring students and providing emotional support.
• Ensure all students have acquired their skills through Models and theory training.
• Act as a liaison between the Principal, Students and Guardians
• Prepare managerial and students reports
• Ensure all boarders are in and out of the premises with permission.
• Inspect regularly all facilities including bathrooms, toilets, classroom, offices and sleeping rooms and report any repairs or rehabilitation works required.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
• To ensure success as a cosmetology instructor, you should have extensive experience working as a professional Cosmetology Trainer or teaching, and good interpersonal skills.
• Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Cosmetology - Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy industry.
• Certified Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualifications from KNEC, City and Guilds, Industrial Qualification (IQ) or any other internationally accredited institution
• Certified Qualifications in Training of Trainers (ToTs) from KTTC or any other accredited institution
• Five + years’ experience as a Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Trainer/Instructor
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work under high pressure situations
• Exercise independent judgment and decision-making abilities.
• Maintain high confidentiality and uphold the ethical standards of the position.
• Patient and understanding
• Excellent Time management skills
Interested candidates are requested to send Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents via "Apply Now Button".
Application deadline: 30 June 2021
Note: The successful candidate will be expected to start working immediately.